Tuesday, May 5, 2015
The Coalition released the Nunavut Food Security Strategy on May 5, 2014 — the first day of national Hunger Awareness Week. Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. hosted a community feast in Iqaluit. The Government of Nunavut provided funding to all 25 communities to host food security related events.
To learn more about the release of the Strategy and Action Plan, read the links below.
- “Nunavut Food Security Strategy and Action Plan and Community Feast”
- “Food Security Strategy and Action Plan Released”
- “ITK Commends the Release of the Nunavut Food Security Strategy”
- “Nunavut food security action plan to be released May 5 in Iqaluit”
- “New strategy promotes hunting as cure to Nunavut hunger”
- “Nunavut unveils plan to combat hunger, malnutrition”
(Strategy Action 2.1 Distribute and promote the Nunavut Food Security Strategy.)