The Nunavut Food Security Strategy was released on May 5, 2014, which was the first day of national Hunger Awareness Week. Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. hosted a community feast in Iqaluit, while the Government of Nunavut (Department of Health) made funding available to all 25 communities to host food security related events. The community feast was held at Inuksuk High School, where the Honorable Premier Taptuna (Government of Nunavut) and President Okalik Eegeesiak (Qiqiktani Inuit Association) gave opening remarks.
You can learn more about the release of the Strategy and Action Plan by reading the links below.
- “Nunavut Food Security Strategy and Action Plan and Community Feast”
- “Food Security Strategy and Action Plan Released”
- “ITK Commends the Release of the Nunavut Food Security Strategy”
- “Nunavut food security action plan to be released May 5 in Iqaluit”
- “New strategy promotes hunting as cure to Nunavut hunger”
- “Nunavut unveils plan to combat hunger, malnutrition”
(Strategy Action 2.1 Distribute and promote the Nunavut Food Security Strategy.)